Virtual Server Hosting works by partitioning large physical servers into multiple virtual servers, each of which has its own operating system and can be rebooted independently.
Each virtual server behaves as though it were a separate physical machine, but can be removed or replaced without disrupting any other virtual servers on the same platform.
There are both pro's and con's to virtual servers compared to dedicated servers, some of the major ones are:
- Virtual servers allow you to do anything you could on a dedicated server except physical actions like "removing the hard drive" etc.
- Virtual servers are hardware agnostic and can be transferred from machine to machine and therefore provides better flexibility but not really better redundancy.
- Virtual servers are cheaper because they are allowed to use less resources than a dedicated set of hardware, it is therefore not as responsive or powerful as a dedicated server.
- Getting a virtual server with the same hardware specifications as a dedicated server will cost you more than getting a dedicated server since there are extra layers that need to me maintained and paid for.
- Virtual servers are good for testing things since it is cheaper to set-up but dedicated servers so far have proven that it is better for dedicated applications.
|99.9% Uptime guarantee
|Once off setup fee
Available platforms and OS's
|Ubuntu (64bit) 14.04 LTS
|CentOS (64bit) 7
|Debian (64bit) 7.5
|Windows Server Standard (64bit)
||R 419.00 per Month
|Windows Server Datacenter (64bit)
||R 2930.00 per month
||Available on request
|Your own OS Required custom install
|24/7 remote hands
The fine print
- 1 All our products and services are governed by our acceptable usage policy, should your site be deemed high load we will suggest a suitable upgrade path.
- We do provide custom hosting and other hosting add-ons not listed here - please contact us for more options.
- Custom OS install can be done - contact us for pricing.
- We provide an uptime guarantee for the hardware and network connectivity of the host or cluster running any particular virtual server, we cannot provide uptime guarantees for each virtual server unless fully managed by us.
- When we say "1 vCPU" it is not a single core single thread CPU, it is a 2 thread or 2 Core CPU (this is not the same as other providers).
- There are performance limits set on the virtual servers to allow fair sharing of physical resources among the virtual servers on any physical hardware, those limits can be increased on request after running the virtual server for a while so we can gather usage statistics for it over time.
- Virtual machines hardware can be upgraded but with limitations - please talk to us about it if this is a need you have.
- We are generally told that our virtual machines perform better than other providers' - it is probably because we reserve more hardware resources to each virtual machine than others - in other words, if a cluster has 300Gb of RAM and each virtual machine on that cluster is given 10Gb to use we do not put more than 30 virtual servers on that cluster. We do not "over sell" as it is called.
- Server snapshots are available on request and at a once off fee, snapshots are only stored for a limited time, it is not intended as data backups.
- These packages are not contracts and can be cancelled within 30 days.
- Everything on this site is subject to our terms and conditions.
We are asked regularly for a customised solution where then use the dedicated or virtual servers provided and built a solution based on the clients' particular needs. It is impossible to list everything that we can put together and provide but we think it prudent to at least list some of the stuff we have been asked to put together and maintain so far:
- Dedicated hosting migration from one service provider to one of our or a third party server or servers
- Custom fully managed dedicated hosting solutions
- Clustered solutions with load balancing and fail over between multiple server nodes
- High availability solutions
- High load solutions with uptime guarantees
- Remote desktop servers or custom Windows based installs, support and guarantees - think moving your Windows based servers to the cloud
- Custom or "private cloud" servers or clusters
- Redundancy and fail over solutions
Whatever your cloud server needs are, give us a call, discuss it, let us help you put it in place exactly how you want it but with the technical skill to do it properly. Then let us maintain it for you so you can focus on your business while we focus on making sure your server(s) run like they should!